Difference between revisions of "Intercon Solutions"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
Intercon Solutions, an electronics recycler based in Illinois, was found in 2011 by BAN investigators to be
Intercon Solutions, an electronics recycler based in Illinois, was found in 2011 by BAN investigators to be in and . of made public , defamation. After a lengthy legal battle, October of 2015Intercon's case was dismissed with prejudice, and BAN was able to publicly release collected .
Revision as of 17:30, 21 October 2015
Intercon Solutions, an electronics recycler based in Illinois, was found in 2011 by BAN investigators to be engaged in exporting electronic waste to Hong Kong right while they were seeking to become e-Stewards Certified. BAN notified the Hong Kong authorities and they confirmed the container photographed at Intercon’s facility and tracked to Asia was indeed contraband. Such exportation is a critical non-conformity of the e-Stewards Standard. After BAN made the news public and denied Intercon access to the e-Steward Certification program, the company sued BAN for defamation. After a lengthy legal battle, on October 9 of 2015, Intercon's case was dismissed with prejudice, and BAN was able to publicly release evidence received in large part from whistleblowers and collected in preparation for the expected court trial.
Evidence & Supporting Documents
- Full summary of Intercon case and related evidence.
- Supporting documents:
- Annex A - Whistleblower Documents Linking Intercon Containers to Export to Asia
- Annex B - Additional Documents Linking Intercon Containers to Export to Asia
- Annex C - Highlighted Excerpts of Intercon Solutions Approved Applications for Public Funding
- Annex D - Screenshots of No Export Language on Intercon Solutions’ Website
- Supporting documents:
- Spreadsheet of over 200 Intercon shipping containers. ....(note: Excel version available upon request - email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summarizes Intercon Solution’s Publicly Funded Grants Awarded for Domestic Recycling between 2004 & 2009.
- Highlighting cases of improper export, presented to Intercon in July 2012.
Basel Action Network Press Releases
- "Toxic E-Waste Exports by Chicago Electronics Recycler Uncovered" - July 5, 2011
- "E-cycler Intercon Accused of China Shipments Takes Legal Action" - July 7, 2011
- "Intercon Case Shows Arbitration Need" - July 8, 2011
- "BAN answers questions raised regarding Intercon Solutions hazardous waste exportation to developing countries and e-Stewards® Certification denial" - July 14, 2011
- "BAN Denies Defamation Allegations, Launches Countersuit Against Intercon Solutions" - September 4, 2012
- "Major US Newspapers, TV, Radio Organizations File Brief in Support of Basel Action Network" - January 12, 2014
E-Scrap News Articles
- "Certification audit exposes exporter" - July 5, 2011
- "More questions than answers in certification fallout" - July 15, 2011
- "Court ruling favors Intercon Solutions" - July 21, 2011
- "Intercon Solutions appeals to R2, BAN" - July 29, 2011
- "Intercon Solutions says containers cleared by Chinese inspection" - August 5, 2011
- "Hong Kong confirms hazardous material in container" - August 25, 2011
- "Intercon Solutions files suit against BAN" - June 29, 2012
- "Intercon relisted as R2 certified" - July 5, 2012
- "BAN responds to Intercon legal filing" - July 12, 2012
- "BAN countersues Intercon Solutions" - Sept 5, 2012
- "Intercon and BAN defamation battle rolls forward" - Sept 5, 2013
- "Basel Action Network gains media support in legal battle" - Jan 17, 2014
- "Intercon suit against BAN moves forward" - July 9, 2015
Other Media Coverage
- "AAN Fights to Defend Anti-SLAPP Laws" - January 13, 2014